Really sorry to read about the closure of HSBC offices in Southend, must be truly awful for those involved. Southend Council will be doing all it can but frankly for those about to lose their jobs or having to relocate to Birmingham that’s probably little comfort. However, Southend’s Conservative administration is trying to encourage more jobs into Southend through a range of major schemes, from improving the road access into and through the town, the regeneration of the Central seafront, ( City Beach), improved marketing, a major scheme for the Pier and lots of support for local business. We really intend to be ready for the economic upturn when it comes in the next few years and hopefully some of those facing redundancy will find new employment here.
- The views expressed on this blog are those of Anna Waite and do not represent the views of The Southend Conservative Group or the Conservative Associations.
- Daughter describes horrific moment ex-husband set her mother on fireAN ABUSIVE husband stormed his former mother-in-law’s house, doused her in petrol and set her alight, an inquest heard.
- Former Southend United footballer jailed for children's charity fraudA FAMOUS sporting family has been “shamed” for stealing from a charity set up for African children.
- College evacuated after alarm raised for noxious smellsSTUDENTS and staff from an engineering college in Basildon were evacuated after noxious smells became a cause for concern today (Monday, January 21).
- Daughter describes horrific moment ex-husband set her mother on fire
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Anna on Facebook