Really sorry to read about the closure of HSBC offices in Southend, must be truly awful for those involved. Southend Council will be doing all it can but frankly for those about to lose their jobs or having to relocate to Birmingham that’s probably little comfort. However, Southend’s Conservative administration is trying to encourage more jobs into Southend through a range of major schemes, from improving the road access into and through the town, the regeneration of the Central seafront, ( City Beach), improved marketing, a major scheme for the Pier and lots of support for local business. We really intend to be ready for the economic upturn when it comes in the next few years and hopefully some of those facing redundancy will find new employment here.
- The views expressed on this blog are those of Anna Waite and do not represent the views of The Southend Conservative Group or the Conservative Associations.
- Essex petrol: Panic at the pumps enters fifth dayUpdates on a fifth day of petrol panic buying across Essex
- March in memory of Harry Burkett, 21, postponed due to the fuel crisisA MARCH in memory of a young man who died after being stabbed was postponed due to the fuel crisis.
- Basildon councillor on Angela Rayner's 'Tory scum' rantA TORY councillor has hit back at Labour’s deputy leader after she labelled senior Conservatives ‘scum’.
- Essex petrol: Panic at the pumps enters fifth day
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Anna on Facebook