Really sorry to read about the closure of HSBC offices in Southend, must be truly awful for those involved. Southend Council will be doing all it can but frankly for those about to lose their jobs or having to relocate to Birmingham that’s probably little comfort. However, Southend’s Conservative administration is trying to encourage more jobs into Southend through a range of major schemes, from improving the road access into and through the town, the regeneration of the Central seafront, ( City Beach), improved marketing, a major scheme for the Pier and lots of support for local business. We really intend to be ready for the economic upturn when it comes in the next few years and hopefully some of those facing redundancy will find new employment here.
- The views expressed on this blog are those of Anna Waite and do not represent the views of The Southend Conservative Group or the Conservative Associations.
- Coronavirus: Southend sees rate rise as Basildon rate halvesTHE rate of infection is Southend has increased for the first time in almost two weeks according to new figures.
- Essex weather: When Met Office predicts 30C heatTEMPERATURES in Essex and the UK are set to soar to 30C by the end of the week.
- How many coronavirus tests are there and how do they work?Two tests which can detect coronavirus and flu – which promise results in 90 minutes – are to be rolled out across hospitals, care homes and laboratories.
- Coronavirus: Southend sees rate rise as Basildon rate halves
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Anna on Facebook