Really sorry to read about the closure of HSBC offices in Southend, must be truly awful for those involved. Southend Council will be doing all it can but frankly for those about to lose their jobs or having to relocate to Birmingham that’s probably little comfort. However, Southend’s Conservative administration is trying to encourage more jobs into Southend through a range of major schemes, from improving the road access into and through the town, the regeneration of the Central seafront, ( City Beach), improved marketing, a major scheme for the Pier and lots of support for local business. We really intend to be ready for the economic upturn when it comes in the next few years and hopefully some of those facing redundancy will find new employment here.
- The views expressed on this blog are those of Anna Waite and do not represent the views of The Southend Conservative Group or the Conservative Associations.
- IndiRock in Southend showcases first 'queer climb' sessionVISITORS to Indirock were climbing high and feeling free as they enjoyed the first Queer Climb session.
- Picture This: Jordan Gray is 'slaying' at Edinburgh FestivalGaz De Vere talks about performer Jordan Gray who is currently ‘slaying’ at the Edinburgh Festival with her show Is it a Bird
- Oyster Creek Kitchen in Westcliff closes due to heatA POPULAR seafront restaurant has decided to close its doors for the day due to the "excessive heat".
- IndiRock in Southend showcases first 'queer climb' session
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Anna on Facebook