Really sorry to read about the closure of HSBC offices in Southend, must be truly awful for those involved. Southend Council will be doing all it can but frankly for those about to lose their jobs or having to relocate to Birmingham that’s probably little comfort. However, Southend’s Conservative administration is trying to encourage more jobs into Southend through a range of major schemes, from improving the road access into and through the town, the regeneration of the Central seafront, ( City Beach), improved marketing, a major scheme for the Pier and lots of support for local business. We really intend to be ready for the economic upturn when it comes in the next few years and hopefully some of those facing redundancy will find new employment here.
- The views expressed on this blog are those of Anna Waite and do not represent the views of The Southend Conservative Group or the Conservative Associations.
- Station car park fines cancelled after camera errorPARKING tickets dished out over three months at a train station will all be cancelled following a major “technical issue”.
- Tributes paid to Manor House Preschool ownerA PRESCHOOL owner who raised generations of people in Basildon has sadly died.
- Serial sex offender with crimes dating back to 1970s breaches orderA SERIAL sex offender whose crimes date back decades has breached an order designed to keep children safe.
- Station car park fines cancelled after camera error
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Anna on Facebook