Really sorry to read about the closure of HSBC offices in Southend, must be truly awful for those involved. Southend Council will be doing all it can but frankly for those about to lose their jobs or having to relocate to Birmingham that’s probably little comfort. However, Southend’s Conservative administration is trying to encourage more jobs into Southend through a range of major schemes, from improving the road access into and through the town, the regeneration of the Central seafront, ( City Beach), improved marketing, a major scheme for the Pier and lots of support for local business. We really intend to be ready for the economic upturn when it comes in the next few years and hopefully some of those facing redundancy will find new employment here.
- The views expressed on this blog are those of Anna Waite and do not represent the views of The Southend Conservative Group or the Conservative Associations.
- Sir David Amess MP: Funeral to be held at central London cathedralOfficial arrangements have now been revealed for the funeral of an MP who was killed.
- Southend United stadium: New home is 'dream come true'SOUTHEND United chairman Ron Martin finally got the go ahead for his dream of a new 21,000 seater stadium to support the club over the “next 100 years”.
- Southend mum fined and charged after kids failed to attend schoolA MOTHER has been slapped with a fine and costs after her three child failed to attend school.
- Sir David Amess MP: Funeral to be held at central London cathedral
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Anna on Facebook