Lord Coe paid a flying visit to Southend this morning to welcome 300+ children from across Essex to Southend’s Garon Park Sports and Swimming Centre for a day of sport and competition. The children came by the coach load complete with their mascots but the biggest cheer was for Wenlock, the Olympic Mascot! Lord Coe toured the new Diving and swimming pool with Cllr Ann Holland the Mayor, Cllr Derek Jarvis, Cllr Anna Waite and Cllr Stephen Castle from ECC. The primary school children came to Southend’s Garon Park because the facilities are recognised as excellent, Seb Coe was clearly pleased to receive the fantastic welcome and was very impressed with the New Diving and Pool Centre which is already attracting more use than expected.
- The views expressed on this blog are those of Anna Waite and do not represent the views of The Southend Conservative Group or the Conservative Associations.
- Man suffered broken jaw during Esso petrol station assaultPOLICE are appealing for witnesses after a man was assaulted in Grays.
- If you know your Pi from your percentages then this competition is for youYOUNGSTERS who know their Pi from their percentages are being invited to enter a mathematics competition.
- Violent crime in Basildon has shot up by 33% in the last yearViolent crime has soared in Basildon over the last year, amid warnings of an epidemic sweeping the country.
- Man suffered broken jaw during Esso petrol station assault
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Anna on Facebook