I attended a presentation this evening at the now re-opened TA base in St Luke’s, very interesting. They are recruiting in Southend and hope to build up their numbers from within a 15 mile radius. It’s a 5 year commitment, 28 days per year minimum plus 1 year on full duty . Full support is given to employers whilst their staff member is away. The specialism of the regiment is explosive ordnance disposal,( land mines, IED’s etc.) for which full training is obviously given but also available are B Tech and other recognised qualifications and apparently quite a lot of team building and outdoor pursuits!
- The views expressed on this blog are those of Anna Waite and do not represent the views of The Southend Conservative Group or the Conservative Associations.
- Extinction Rebellion: Southend must be carbon neutral by 2030ENVIRONMENTAL campaigners held a demonstration outside Southend Civic Centre demanding Southend become carbon neutral by 2030.
- Holiday maker injured on water slide to undergo opTHE boss of a water park has claimed 23-year-old David Briffaut "did not follow the guidelines" while on the waterslide.
- Airgun licenses may save beloved petsANIMAL charities are calling for airgun licensing to make it harder for yobs to shoot pets and wildlife.
- Extinction Rebellion: Southend must be carbon neutral by 2030
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Anna on Facebook