It was standing room only today at St John’s Church Southend when our 2 MP’s James Duddridge and David Amess joined local councillors, past mayors and a host of civic dignatories to celebrate St George’s Day. The Southend Girls and Boys choir sang beautifully, the cadets presented the flags and the Chaiman of the Southend St George’s Association Verina Weaver read The Soldier by Rupert Brooke. It was both a moving and a great commemoration service and it was very pleasing to see so many present..
- The views expressed on this blog are those of Anna Waite and do not represent the views of The Southend Conservative Group or the Conservative Associations.
- South Essex records nearly 5,000 Covid cases in a weekThe number of cases of Covid in south Essex has hit nearly 5,000 in a single week.
- Covid-19: Update on potential Omicron Southend casesPOSSIBLE cases of the Omicron variant have yet to be confirmed with laboratory procedures to identify the strain still underway.
- Covid press conference: When Boris Johnson could announce Plan B - What we knowBoris Johnson is 'set to hold a press conference today' to announce Plan B measures in England, reports suggest.
- South Essex records nearly 5,000 Covid cases in a week
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Anna on Facebook