Southend’s Conservative Cabinet this afternoon agreed to a reduction in Southend Council Tax to 2.95%, that’s a cut of 1%. The reduction will not effect front line services but reflects the continued aim of Conservative lead Southend to keep a low Councuil Tax, indeed Southendwill have one of the lowest Council Tax charges in Essex, yet it continues to offer a really exciting Capital Budget to keep improving the town. Cllr Lamb welcomed the reduction saying it reflected the economic climate and would help many residents, whilst Cllr Waite said how pleased she was to see £3m in the Capital Budget for The Pier. The budget now goes to full Council shortly.
- The views expressed on this blog are those of Anna Waite and do not represent the views of The Southend Conservative Group or the Conservative Associations.
- Pitsea flyover: PSPO to address anto-social driving issuesA SPECIAL legal order is being considered to put to bed a ‘decade-long’ issue with boy racers and car meets at Pitsea flyover.
- Crime: Man denies stalking charges set for crown court dateA MAN has appeared before court accused of stalking two men and sending naked images of men to one of their homes.
- Brentwood murder: Three men quizzed after deathThree Thurrock men are still being questioned in connection with the killing of two teenage boys in Brentwood.
- Pitsea flyover: PSPO to address anto-social driving issues
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Anna on Facebook