I attended a presentation this evening at the now re-opened TA base in St Luke’s, very interesting. They are recruiting in Southend and hope to build up their numbers from within a 15 mile radius. It’s a 5 year commitment, 28 days per year minimum plus 1 year on full duty . Full support is given to employers whilst their staff member is away. The specialism of the regiment is explosive ordnance disposal,( land mines, IED’s etc.) for which full training is obviously given but also available are B Tech and other recognised qualifications and apparently quite a lot of team building and outdoor pursuits!
- The views expressed on this blog are those of Anna Waite and do not represent the views of The Southend Conservative Group or the Conservative Associations.
- How polygraph tests helped police snare sick rapist in HarwichA VILE rapist, jailed for nine years for raping a child three times, revealed his offences following a polygraph examination.
- Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder after van crashes into houseA MAN has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder after a van smashed into house in Clacton.
- Police officers' Chalkwell scout troop given Queen's Award for Voluntary ServiceA SCOUT leader and police officer has heaped praise on his group, which has been awarded the highest voluntary honour possible.
- How polygraph tests helped police snare sick rapist in Harwich
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Anna on Facebook