We had a sneak preview of the new pool at Garon Park today. It’s due to open on Monday 15th and it’s looking really fantastic, some youngsters were doing demonstation dives, rather them than me, and their coach was delighted with the new facility as indeed were we. This is possibly the best dive facility in the UK, and with the children’s pool and the normal pool it should prove a very popular destination. It was in 2005 that the decision was taken to move the pool to Garon Park where it now shares a new entrance with the Leisure Centre. The 27 bus will run until 22.30 Monday to Saturday and between 9 – 18.30 on Sundays. There will be special swim offers and discounts for residents.
- The views expressed on this blog are those of Anna Waite and do not represent the views of The Southend Conservative Group or the Conservative Associations.
- Family 'overcome with relief' after Darren Stedman foundDarren Stedman was reported missing from his home in Florence Gardens, Hadleigh, on July 21.
- Rayleigh tree falls down almost crushing car beneath itResidents in Shakespeare Avenue and Walpole Walk, Rayleigh, were jolted awake by a “loud crashing noise”
- Shoebury 'Rasta boat' fundraising campaign clears hurdleThe boat, painted in the colours Jamaican Flag, has become a mainstay fixture for residents and walkers along East Beach, Shoebury.
- Family 'overcome with relief' after Darren Stedman found
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Anna on Facebook