We had a sneak preview of the new pool at Garon Park today. It’s due to open on Monday 15th and it’s looking really fantastic, some youngsters were doing demonstation dives, rather them than me, and their coach was delighted with the new facility as indeed were we. This is possibly the best dive facility in the UK, and with the children’s pool and the normal pool it should prove a very popular destination. It was in 2005 that the decision was taken to move the pool to Garon Park where it now shares a new entrance with the Leisure Centre. The 27 bus will run until 22.30 Monday to Saturday and between 9 – 18.30 on Sundays. There will be special swim offers and discounts for residents.
- The views expressed on this blog are those of Anna Waite and do not represent the views of The Southend Conservative Group or the Conservative Associations.
- Southend Central museum repairs set to cost more than £195,000Southend Central Museum is to undergo extensive repairs after walls, windows and sections of the roof were found to have seriously deteriorated.
- Owner of the Vine in Brentwood wants to reopens doors after death of Paul WallingtonA bid has been launched to reopen a Brentwood restaurant that was closed in the aftermath of the alleged murder of a Christmas holiday reveller outside.
- Vange GP loses job for ‘professional abuse’ claimsA GP has been struck off the medical register after sending letters to patients falsely claiming they had been “professionally abused” by a colleague.
- Southend Central museum repairs set to cost more than £195,000
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Anna on Facebook