Lord Coe paid a flying visit to Southend this morning to welcome 300+ children from across Essex to Southend’s Garon Park Sports and Swimming Centre for a day of sport and competition. The children came by the coach load complete with their mascots but the biggest cheer was for Wenlock, the Olympic Mascot! Lord Coe toured the new Diving and swimming pool with Cllr Ann Holland the Mayor, Cllr Derek Jarvis, Cllr Anna Waite and Cllr Stephen Castle from ECC. The primary school children came to Southend’s Garon Park because the facilities are recognised as excellent, Seb Coe was clearly pleased to receive the fantastic welcome and was very impressed with the New Diving and Pool Centre which is already attracting more use than expected.
- The views expressed on this blog are those of Anna Waite and do not represent the views of The Southend Conservative Group or the Conservative Associations.
- Documents reveal Island's response vehicle 'will be cut'CANVEY’S Rapid Response Vehicle will be cut as part of a long term plan, it has been confirmed.
- £900k plan to open up the Essex coastal pathHUNDREDS of new jobs will be created as part of a project to improve and open up the Essex coast.
- Mum’s desperate plea for NHS to sanction son’s vital treatmentA MUM has written to the chief executive of NHS England calling for him to stop delaying the decision and sanction a crucial treatment for her three-year-old son’s spinal condition.
- Documents reveal Island's response vehicle 'will be cut'
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Anna on Facebook