Southend Development Control committee today approved the runway extension. After a thorough look at a very comprensive and objective report and lots of questions the DC committee voted 14 – 3 to approve. It will now be considered by the Minister and he will either endorse the decision or send it to a public enquiry. The decision was supported by Conservative, Labour, Liberal Democrat and Independent Councillors and the 3 that opposed were all Liberal Democrats.
- The views expressed on this blog are those of Anna Waite and do not represent the views of The Southend Conservative Group or the Conservative Associations.
- Extinction Rebellion: Southend must be carbon neutral by 2030ENVIRONMENTAL campaigners held a demonstration outside Southend Civic Centre demanding Southend become carbon neutral by 2030.
- Holiday maker injured on water slide to undergo opTHE boss of a water park has claimed 23-year-old David Briffaut "did not follow the guidelines" while on the waterslide.
- Airgun licenses may save beloved petsANIMAL charities are calling for airgun licensing to make it harder for yobs to shoot pets and wildlife.
- Extinction Rebellion: Southend must be carbon neutral by 2030
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Anna on Facebook