Southend Development Control committee today approved the runway extension. After a thorough look at a very comprensive and objective report and lots of questions the DC committee voted 14 – 3 to approve. It will now be considered by the Minister and he will either endorse the decision or send it to a public enquiry. The decision was supported by Conservative, Labour, Liberal Democrat and Independent Councillors and the 3 that opposed were all Liberal Democrats.
- The views expressed on this blog are those of Anna Waite and do not represent the views of The Southend Conservative Group or the Conservative Associations.
- Family 'overcome with relief' after Darren Stedman foundDarren Stedman was reported missing from his home in Florence Gardens, Hadleigh, on July 21.
- Southend residents say roads used 'like a Formula 1 track'SOUTHEND roads are being compared to an "F1 race track" by furious residents who are demanding action.
- Shoebury 'Rasta boat' fundraising campaign clears hurdleThe boat, painted in the colours Jamaican Flag, has become a mainstay fixture for residents and walkers along East Beach, Shoebury.
- Family 'overcome with relief' after Darren Stedman found
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Anna on Facebook