It was standing room only today at St John’s Church Southend when our 2 MP’s James Duddridge and David Amess joined local councillors, past mayors and a host of civic dignatories to celebrate St George’s Day. The Southend Girls and Boys choir sang beautifully, the cadets presented the flags and the Chaiman of the Southend St George’s Association Verina Weaver read The Soldier by Rupert Brooke. It was both a moving and a great commemoration service and it was very pleasing to see so many present..
- The views expressed on this blog are those of Anna Waite and do not represent the views of The Southend Conservative Group or the Conservative Associations.
- HMRC issue scam warning ahead of Self Assessment deadline this weekHMRC is reminding customers that Sunday, 31 October will be the deadline to submit paper tax returns.
- Covid UK: One in five people would support return to lockdown as cases riseA survey has suggested that one in five people in England would support a lockdown as Covid cases in the UK continue to increase.
- Sir David Amess MP: Funeral to be held at central London cathedralOfficial arrangements have now been revealed for the funeral of an MP who was killed.
- HMRC issue scam warning ahead of Self Assessment deadline this week
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Anna on Facebook