Lord Coe paid a flying visit to Southend this morning to welcome 300+ children from across Essex to Southend’s Garon Park Sports and Swimming Centre for a day of sport and competition. The children came by the coach load complete with their mascots but the biggest cheer was for Wenlock, the Olympic Mascot! Lord Coe toured the new Diving and swimming pool with Cllr Ann Holland the Mayor, Cllr Derek Jarvis, Cllr Anna Waite and Cllr Stephen Castle from ECC. The primary school children came to Southend’s Garon Park because the facilities are recognised as excellent, Seb Coe was clearly pleased to receive the fantastic welcome and was very impressed with the New Diving and Pool Centre which is already attracting more use than expected.
- The views expressed on this blog are those of Anna Waite and do not represent the views of The Southend Conservative Group or the Conservative Associations.
- Bosses support plans for super-councils in south EssexTWO powerful super-councils could be created across south Essex in the biggest shake-up in a generation.
- Man falls from bridge on White Hart Lane, HockleyA man fell from a railway bridge onto the tracks below, emergency services have confirmed.
- Jason Connors jailed after admitting theft from vehicle offencesA PROLIFIC thief who broke into dozens of cars and stole power tools has been jailed for three years.
- Bosses support plans for super-councils in south Essex
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Anna on Facebook