Lord Coe paid a flying visit to Southend this morning to welcome 300+ children from across Essex to Southend’s Garon Park Sports and Swimming Centre for a day of sport and competition. The children came by the coach load complete with their mascots but the biggest cheer was for Wenlock, the Olympic Mascot! Lord Coe toured the new Diving and swimming pool with Cllr Ann Holland the Mayor, Cllr Derek Jarvis, Cllr Anna Waite and Cllr Stephen Castle from ECC. The primary school children came to Southend’s Garon Park because the facilities are recognised as excellent, Seb Coe was clearly pleased to receive the fantastic welcome and was very impressed with the New Diving and Pool Centre which is already attracting more use than expected.
- The views expressed on this blog are those of Anna Waite and do not represent the views of The Southend Conservative Group or the Conservative Associations.
- Southend Central museum repairs set to cost more than £195,000Southend Central Museum is to undergo extensive repairs after walls, windows and sections of the roof were found to have seriously deteriorated.
- Owner of the Vine in Brentwood wants to reopens doors after death of Paul WallingtonA bid has been launched to reopen a Brentwood restaurant that was closed in the aftermath of the alleged murder of a Christmas holiday reveller outside.
- Vange GP loses job for ‘professional abuse’ claimsA GP has been struck off the medical register after sending letters to patients falsely claiming they had been “professionally abused” by a colleague.
- Southend Central museum repairs set to cost more than £195,000
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Anna on Facebook