Lord Coe paid a flying visit to Southend this morning to welcome 300+ children from across Essex to Southend’s Garon Park Sports and Swimming Centre for a day of sport and competition. The children came by the coach load complete with their mascots but the biggest cheer was for Wenlock, the Olympic Mascot! Lord Coe toured the new Diving and swimming pool with Cllr Ann Holland the Mayor, Cllr Derek Jarvis, Cllr Anna Waite and Cllr Stephen Castle from ECC. The primary school children came to Southend’s Garon Park because the facilities are recognised as excellent, Seb Coe was clearly pleased to receive the fantastic welcome and was very impressed with the New Diving and Pool Centre which is already attracting more use than expected.
- The views expressed on this blog are those of Anna Waite and do not represent the views of The Southend Conservative Group or the Conservative Associations.
- South Essex records nearly 5,000 Covid cases in a weekThe number of cases of Covid in south Essex has hit nearly 5,000 in a single week.
- Covid-19: Update on potential Omicron Southend casesPOSSIBLE cases of the Omicron variant have yet to be confirmed with laboratory procedures to identify the strain still underway.
- Covid press conference: When Boris Johnson could announce Plan B - What we knowBoris Johnson is 'set to hold a press conference today' to announce Plan B measures in England, reports suggest.
- South Essex records nearly 5,000 Covid cases in a week
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Anna on Facebook