Lord Coe paid a flying visit to Southend this morning to welcome 300+ children from across Essex to Southend’s Garon Park Sports and Swimming Centre for a day of sport and competition. The children came by the coach load complete with their mascots but the biggest cheer was for Wenlock, the Olympic Mascot! Lord Coe toured the new Diving and swimming pool with Cllr Ann Holland the Mayor, Cllr Derek Jarvis, Cllr Anna Waite and Cllr Stephen Castle from ECC. The primary school children came to Southend’s Garon Park because the facilities are recognised as excellent, Seb Coe was clearly pleased to receive the fantastic welcome and was very impressed with the New Diving and Pool Centre which is already attracting more use than expected.
- The views expressed on this blog are those of Anna Waite and do not represent the views of The Southend Conservative Group or the Conservative Associations.
- Sir David Amess: Priest tried to offer last ritesA PRIEST has told of how police would not let him past the police cordon to offer last rites to Sir David Amess.
- Sir David Amess: Police search homes in London after murderLarge number of police are searching homes in London after the murder of Southend MP Sir David Amess.
- Essex students celebrate graduation at Colchester InstituteAFTER a challenging 18 months, university graduates were finally able to celebrate educational success at a bumper ceremony.
- Sir David Amess: Priest tried to offer last rites
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Anna on Facebook