I attended a presentation this evening at the now re-opened TA base in St Luke’s, very interesting. They are recruiting in Southend and hope to build up their numbers from within a 15 mile radius. It’s a 5 year commitment, 28 days per year minimum plus 1 year on full duty . Full support is given to employers whilst their staff member is away. The specialism of the regiment is explosive ordnance disposal,( land mines, IED’s etc.) for which full training is obviously given but also available are B Tech and other recognised qualifications and apparently quite a lot of team building and outdoor pursuits!
- The views expressed on this blog are those of Anna Waite and do not represent the views of The Southend Conservative Group or the Conservative Associations.
- Southend Central museum repairs set to cost more than £195,000Southend Central Museum is to undergo extensive repairs after walls, windows and sections of the roof were found to have seriously deteriorated.
- Owner of the Vine in Brentwood wants to reopens doors after death of Paul WallingtonA bid has been launched to reopen a Brentwood restaurant that was closed in the aftermath of the alleged murder of a Christmas holiday reveller outside.
- Vange GP loses job for ‘professional abuse’ claimsA GP has been struck off the medical register after sending letters to patients falsely claiming they had been “professionally abused” by a colleague.
- Southend Central museum repairs set to cost more than £195,000
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Anna on Facebook