I attended a presentation this evening at the now re-opened TA base in St Luke’s, very interesting. They are recruiting in Southend and hope to build up their numbers from within a 15 mile radius. It’s a 5 year commitment, 28 days per year minimum plus 1 year on full duty . Full support is given to employers whilst their staff member is away. The specialism of the regiment is explosive ordnance disposal,( land mines, IED’s etc.) for which full training is obviously given but also available are B Tech and other recognised qualifications and apparently quite a lot of team building and outdoor pursuits!
- The views expressed on this blog are those of Anna Waite and do not represent the views of The Southend Conservative Group or the Conservative Associations.
- Surviving Love Island season without becoming addicted to itI GUESS I should address the televisual elephant in the room this week - Love Island.
- Hundreds of drunken teens cause mayhem on seafrontDRUNKEN teenagers caused mayhem on the beach at Chalkwell including throwing glass bottles at police officers and spiking people’s drinks.
- This is the restaurant which has been named the best in EssexA SMALL family restaurant tucked down a small side street has been crowned best restaurant in Essex.
- Surviving Love Island season without becoming addicted to it
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Anna on Facebook