I attended a presentation this evening at the now re-opened TA base in St Luke’s, very interesting. They are recruiting in Southend and hope to build up their numbers from within a 15 mile radius. It’s a 5 year commitment, 28 days per year minimum plus 1 year on full duty . Full support is given to employers whilst their staff member is away. The specialism of the regiment is explosive ordnance disposal,( land mines, IED’s etc.) for which full training is obviously given but also available are B Tech and other recognised qualifications and apparently quite a lot of team building and outdoor pursuits!
- The views expressed on this blog are those of Anna Waite and do not represent the views of The Southend Conservative Group or the Conservative Associations.
- Bosses support plans for super-councils in south EssexTWO powerful super-councils could be created across south Essex in the biggest shake-up in a generation.
- Man falls from bridge on White Hart Lane, HockleyA man fell from a railway bridge onto the tracks below, emergency services have confirmed.
- Jason Connors jailed after admitting theft from vehicle offencesA PROLIFIC thief who broke into dozens of cars and stole power tools has been jailed for three years.
- Bosses support plans for super-councils in south Essex
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Anna on Facebook