I attended a presentation this evening at the now re-opened TA base in St Luke’s, very interesting. They are recruiting in Southend and hope to build up their numbers from within a 15 mile radius. It’s a 5 year commitment, 28 days per year minimum plus 1 year on full duty . Full support is given to employers whilst their staff member is away. The specialism of the regiment is explosive ordnance disposal,( land mines, IED’s etc.) for which full training is obviously given but also available are B Tech and other recognised qualifications and apparently quite a lot of team building and outdoor pursuits!
- The views expressed on this blog are those of Anna Waite and do not represent the views of The Southend Conservative Group or the Conservative Associations.
- HMRC issue scam warning ahead of Self Assessment deadline this weekHMRC is reminding customers that Sunday, 31 October will be the deadline to submit paper tax returns.
- Covid UK: One in five people would support return to lockdown as cases riseA survey has suggested that one in five people in England would support a lockdown as Covid cases in the UK continue to increase.
- Sir David Amess MP: Funeral to be held at central London cathedralOfficial arrangements have now been revealed for the funeral of an MP who was killed.
- HMRC issue scam warning ahead of Self Assessment deadline this week
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Anna on Facebook