I attended a presentation this evening at the now re-opened TA base in St Luke’s, very interesting. They are recruiting in Southend and hope to build up their numbers from within a 15 mile radius. It’s a 5 year commitment, 28 days per year minimum plus 1 year on full duty . Full support is given to employers whilst their staff member is away. The specialism of the regiment is explosive ordnance disposal,( land mines, IED’s etc.) for which full training is obviously given but also available are B Tech and other recognised qualifications and apparently quite a lot of team building and outdoor pursuits!
- The views expressed on this blog are those of Anna Waite and do not represent the views of The Southend Conservative Group or the Conservative Associations.
- Documents reveal Island's response vehicle 'will be cut'CANVEY’S Rapid Response Vehicle will be cut as part of a long term plan, it has been confirmed.
- £900k plan to open up the Essex coastal pathHUNDREDS of new jobs will be created as part of a project to improve and open up the Essex coast.
- Mum’s desperate plea for NHS to sanction son’s vital treatmentA MUM has written to the chief executive of NHS England calling for him to stop delaying the decision and sanction a crucial treatment for her three-year-old son’s spinal condition.
- Documents reveal Island's response vehicle 'will be cut'
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Anna on Facebook