Lord Coe paid a flying visit to Southend this morning to welcome 300+ children from across Essex to Southend’s Garon Park Sports and Swimming Centre for a day of sport and competition. The children came by the coach load complete with their mascots but the biggest cheer was for Wenlock, the Olympic Mascot! Lord Coe toured the new Diving and swimming pool with Cllr Ann Holland the Mayor, Cllr Derek Jarvis, Cllr Anna Waite and Cllr Stephen Castle from ECC. The primary school children came to Southend’s Garon Park because the facilities are recognised as excellent, Seb Coe was clearly pleased to receive the fantastic welcome and was very impressed with the New Diving and Pool Centre which is already attracting more use than expected.
- The views expressed on this blog are those of Anna Waite and do not represent the views of The Southend Conservative Group or the Conservative Associations.
- King John School, Thundersley, is making improvementsA SCHOOL slammed for failing to protect its children has started to make improvements, a fresh report has revealed.
- Beach ban: Dog owners told to keep pets on leadDOGS will be banned from running free on Canvey’s beaches... despite concerns being raised over enforcement and a “small” consultation.
- Man threatened by knife thug in Woody's Cafe for 'looking at girl'A MAN was told he would be “cut up” after a heated row spiralled out of control.
- King John School, Thundersley, is making improvements
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Anna on Facebook