Southend’s Conservative Cabinet this afternoon agreed to a reduction in Southend Council Tax to 2.95%, that’s a cut of 1%. The reduction will not effect front line services but reflects the continued aim of Conservative lead Southend to keep a low Councuil Tax, indeed Southendwill have one of the lowest Council Tax charges in Essex, yet it continues to offer a really exciting Capital Budget to keep improving the town. Cllr Lamb welcomed the reduction saying it reflected the economic climate and would help many residents, whilst Cllr Waite said how pleased she was to see £3m in the Capital Budget for The Pier. The budget now goes to full Council shortly.
- The views expressed on this blog are those of Anna Waite and do not represent the views of The Southend Conservative Group or the Conservative Associations.
- HMRC issue scam warning ahead of Self Assessment deadline this weekHMRC is reminding customers that Sunday, 31 October will be the deadline to submit paper tax returns.
- Covid UK: One in five people would support return to lockdown as cases riseA survey has suggested that one in five people in England would support a lockdown as Covid cases in the UK continue to increase.
- Sir David Amess MP: Funeral to be held at central London cathedralOfficial arrangements have now been revealed for the funeral of an MP who was killed.
- HMRC issue scam warning ahead of Self Assessment deadline this week
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Anna on Facebook