Really sorry to read about the closure of HSBC offices in Southend, must be truly awful for those involved. Southend Council will be doing all it can but frankly for those about to lose their jobs or having to relocate to Birmingham that’s probably little comfort. However, Southend’s Conservative administration is trying to encourage more jobs into Southend through a range of major schemes, from improving the road access into and through the town, the regeneration of the Central seafront, ( City Beach), improved marketing, a major scheme for the Pier and lots of support for local business. We really intend to be ready for the economic upturn when it comes in the next few years and hopefully some of those facing redundancy will find new employment here.
- The views expressed on this blog are those of Anna Waite and do not represent the views of The Southend Conservative Group or the Conservative Associations.
- Lakeside's House of Fraser saved from the axe after 11th hour dealThe Lakeside House of Fraser has been saved from the axe after a last-minute deal was struck to keep it open.
- Essex's Gemma Collins' Dancing on Ice row sparks more than 80 complaintsGEMMA Collins' clash with Dancing on Ice judge Jason Gardiner has sparked more than 80 complaints.
- Patisserie Valerie collapses and puts 3,000 jobs at riskCake chain Patisserie Valerie has collapsed into administration, putting 2,800 jobs at risk.
- Lakeside's House of Fraser saved from the axe after 11th hour deal
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Anna on Facebook