Really sorry to read about the closure of HSBC offices in Southend, must be truly awful for those involved. Southend Council will be doing all it can but frankly for those about to lose their jobs or having to relocate to Birmingham that’s probably little comfort. However, Southend’s Conservative administration is trying to encourage more jobs into Southend through a range of major schemes, from improving the road access into and through the town, the regeneration of the Central seafront, ( City Beach), improved marketing, a major scheme for the Pier and lots of support for local business. We really intend to be ready for the economic upturn when it comes in the next few years and hopefully some of those facing redundancy will find new employment here.
- The views expressed on this blog are those of Anna Waite and do not represent the views of The Southend Conservative Group or the Conservative Associations.
- ‘My life of daily airport hell at home’A DISTRAUGHT pensioner has been banned from complaining to Southend Airport about the planes ruining her life.
- 8-year-old cyclist injured in hit and run crashA CHILD has been hurt in a hit-and-run crash after a car struck an eight-year-old cyclist.
- Protest group's day of action as libraries decision loomsA PROTEST group has called a demonstration - coinciding with multiple events across south Essex - in a bid to fight against planned library closures.
- ‘My life of daily airport hell at home’
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Anna on Facebook