Really sorry to read about the closure of HSBC offices in Southend, must be truly awful for those involved. Southend Council will be doing all it can but frankly for those about to lose their jobs or having to relocate to Birmingham that’s probably little comfort. However, Southend’s Conservative administration is trying to encourage more jobs into Southend through a range of major schemes, from improving the road access into and through the town, the regeneration of the Central seafront, ( City Beach), improved marketing, a major scheme for the Pier and lots of support for local business. We really intend to be ready for the economic upturn when it comes in the next few years and hopefully some of those facing redundancy will find new employment here.
- The views expressed on this blog are those of Anna Waite and do not represent the views of The Southend Conservative Group or the Conservative Associations.
- King John School, Thundersley, is making improvementsA SCHOOL slammed for failing to protect its children has started to make improvements, a fresh report has revealed.
- Beach ban: Dog owners told to keep pets on leadDOGS will be banned from running free on Canvey’s beaches... despite concerns being raised over enforcement and a “small” consultation.
- Man threatened by knife thug in Woody's Cafe for 'looking at girl'A MAN was told he would be “cut up” after a heated row spiralled out of control.
- King John School, Thundersley, is making improvements
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Anna on Facebook