Sadly the Market has had to close. As the Chief Executive explained at scrutiny on Thursday, he had no option given the seriousness of the experts comments in the condition report. No decision as to the future of the market has yet been taken but clearly if there is a very serious risk of injury to the traders and the shoppers the council has no choice but to close it whilst further info is sought and costs determined etc. once this info is in it will be considered and a decision to permanently close or to repair can be taken.
- The views expressed on this blog are those of Anna Waite and do not represent the views of The Southend Conservative Group or the Conservative Associations.
- HMRC issue scam warning ahead of Self Assessment deadline this weekHMRC is reminding customers that Sunday, 31 October will be the deadline to submit paper tax returns.
- Covid UK: One in five people would support return to lockdown as cases riseA survey has suggested that one in five people in England would support a lockdown as Covid cases in the UK continue to increase.
- Sir David Amess MP: Funeral to be held at central London cathedralOfficial arrangements have now been revealed for the funeral of an MP who was killed.
- HMRC issue scam warning ahead of Self Assessment deadline this week
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Anna on Facebook