Southend Cabinet has endorsed White with Price and Myers as both the winners of the competition and as the preferred partnership to work with the Council to develop the plans for the pier. There were 5 finalists but this was considered to offer the best design principles, the best or most realistic approach to the needs of the Pier as a family desination that reflects a maritime and cultural theme and it was also felt that it respected the existing Pier and that White with price and Myers were a team that would work well with the Council to develop a final design and deliver it within budget. The full council will have an opportunity for debate and input on Thursday 15th Oct. Southend Council hopes that Government funding will be confirmed shortly so that it can proceed.
- The views expressed on this blog are those of Anna Waite and do not represent the views of The Southend Conservative Group or the Conservative Associations.
- How polygraph tests helped police snare sick rapist in HarwichA VILE rapist, jailed for nine years for raping a child three times, revealed his offences following a polygraph examination.
- Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder after van crashes into houseA MAN has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder after a van smashed into house in Clacton.
- Police officers' Chalkwell scout troop given Queen's Award for Voluntary ServiceA SCOUT leader and police officer has heaped praise on his group, which has been awarded the highest voluntary honour possible.
- How polygraph tests helped police snare sick rapist in Harwich
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Anna on Facebook