Southend Cabinet has endorsed White with Price and Myers as both the winners of the competition and as the preferred partnership to work with the Council to develop the plans for the pier. There were 5 finalists but this was considered to offer the best design principles, the best or most realistic approach to the needs of the Pier as a family desination that reflects a maritime and cultural theme and it was also felt that it respected the existing Pier and that White with price and Myers were a team that would work well with the Council to develop a final design and deliver it within budget. The full council will have an opportunity for debate and input on Thursday 15th Oct. Southend Council hopes that Government funding will be confirmed shortly so that it can proceed.
- The views expressed on this blog are those of Anna Waite and do not represent the views of The Southend Conservative Group or the Conservative Associations.
- 12-year-old girl went on burglary spree on school holidaysA BURGLAR who started her crime spree aged just 11 has admitted spending her summer holidays raiding homes.
- Man held after brutal late-night stabbingA MAN has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder after a driver was brutally stabbed.
- Have some pride! The £420k bid to make Basildon prettyA RECYCLING centre is set to be turned into a car park and new “pride” teams set up to make Basildon pretty.
- 12-year-old girl went on burglary spree on school holidays
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Anna on Facebook