Southend Cabinet has endorsed White with Price and Myers as both the winners of the competition and as the preferred partnership to work with the Council to develop the plans for the pier. There were 5 finalists but this was considered to offer the best design principles, the best or most realistic approach to the needs of the Pier as a family desination that reflects a maritime and cultural theme and it was also felt that it respected the existing Pier and that White with price and Myers were a team that would work well with the Council to develop a final design and deliver it within budget. The full council will have an opportunity for debate and input on Thursday 15th Oct. Southend Council hopes that Government funding will be confirmed shortly so that it can proceed.
- The views expressed on this blog are those of Anna Waite and do not represent the views of The Southend Conservative Group or the Conservative Associations.
- More than 100 people turn out for Essex vigil in memory of Wickford's Grace MillaneMORE than 100 people turned out for a vigil to pay respects to backpacker Grace Millane who died in New Zealand.
- Woman, 37, attacked in Ugo's Bar, LeighA WOMAN was hurt in a vicious assault in a bar in Leigh.
- Pair dragged from house fire after property had no working smoke alarmsTWO people were rescued from a house fire after there were no working smoke alarms in the property.
- More than 100 people turn out for Essex vigil in memory of Wickford's Grace Millane
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Anna on Facebook