Southend Cabinet has endorsed White with Price and Myers as both the winners of the competition and as the preferred partnership to work with the Council to develop the plans for the pier. There were 5 finalists but this was considered to offer the best design principles, the best or most realistic approach to the needs of the Pier as a family desination that reflects a maritime and cultural theme and it was also felt that it respected the existing Pier and that White with price and Myers were a team that would work well with the Council to develop a final design and deliver it within budget. The full council will have an opportunity for debate and input on Thursday 15th Oct. Southend Council hopes that Government funding will be confirmed shortly so that it can proceed.
- The views expressed on this blog are those of Anna Waite and do not represent the views of The Southend Conservative Group or the Conservative Associations.
- Care home death: Robert Knight given suspended jail termA SON who killed his mother by throwing her off a balcony at a care home has walked free from court.
- Man took a picture up woman's skirtA MAN has admitted taking a picture up a woman's skirt at a train station.
- Smoke seen billowing from industrial unit in SouthendA fire has broken out in Southend.
- Care home death: Robert Knight given suspended jail term
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Anna on Facebook