Southend Cabinet has endorsed White with Price and Myers as both the winners of the competition and as the preferred partnership to work with the Council to develop the plans for the pier. There were 5 finalists but this was considered to offer the best design principles, the best or most realistic approach to the needs of the Pier as a family desination that reflects a maritime and cultural theme and it was also felt that it respected the existing Pier and that White with price and Myers were a team that would work well with the Council to develop a final design and deliver it within budget. The full council will have an opportunity for debate and input on Thursday 15th Oct. Southend Council hopes that Government funding will be confirmed shortly so that it can proceed.
- The views expressed on this blog are those of Anna Waite and do not represent the views of The Southend Conservative Group or the Conservative Associations.
- Extinction Rebellion: Southend must be carbon neutral by 2030ENVIRONMENTAL campaigners held a demonstration outside Southend Civic Centre demanding Southend become carbon neutral by 2030.
- Holiday maker injured on water slide to undergo opTHE boss of a water park has claimed 23-year-old David Briffaut "did not follow the guidelines" while on the waterslide.
- Airgun licenses may save beloved petsANIMAL charities are calling for airgun licensing to make it harder for yobs to shoot pets and wildlife.
- Extinction Rebellion: Southend must be carbon neutral by 2030
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Anna on Facebook