Southend Cabinet has endorsed White with Price and Myers as both the winners of the competition and as the preferred partnership to work with the Council to develop the plans for the pier. There were 5 finalists but this was considered to offer the best design principles, the best or most realistic approach to the needs of the Pier as a family desination that reflects a maritime and cultural theme and it was also felt that it respected the existing Pier and that White with price and Myers were a team that would work well with the Council to develop a final design and deliver it within budget. The full council will have an opportunity for debate and input on Thursday 15th Oct. Southend Council hopes that Government funding will be confirmed shortly so that it can proceed.
- The views expressed on this blog are those of Anna Waite and do not represent the views of The Southend Conservative Group or the Conservative Associations.
- King John School, Thundersley, is making improvementsA SCHOOL slammed for failing to protect its children has started to make improvements, a fresh report has revealed.
- Beach ban: Dog owners told to keep pets on leadDOGS will be banned from running free on Canvey’s beaches... despite concerns being raised over enforcement and a “small” consultation.
- Man threatened by knife thug in Woody's Cafe for 'looking at girl'A MAN was told he would be “cut up” after a heated row spiralled out of control.
- King John School, Thundersley, is making improvements
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Anna on Facebook